Composition and Manufacture Pavestone Company Paver products are made from “no slump” concrete mix. Made under extreme pressure and high frequency vibrations, Pavestone Pavers have a compressive strength greater than 8000psi, a water absorption maximum of 5% and will meet or exceed ASTM C-936 and freeze-thaw testing per section 8 of ASTM C-67.
1. Excavate unsuitable, unstable or unconsolidated sub-grade material and compact the area which has been cleared. Then backfill and level with dense graded aggregate suitable for sub-base material (typically 4"-6" of compacted sub-base for light vehicular and pedestrian traffic, increasing to 8-1/2". For heavy vehicular and industrial use) or as otherwise directed by Site Engineer/Architect/Landscape Architect.
2. Place bedding course of washed concrete sand conforming to the grading requirements of ASTM C33 to a uniform depth of 1 to 1-1/2". (25-38 mm) screeded to the grade and profile required.
3. Install Pavers with joints approximately 1/8 in. (3mm). (Pavers with spacer ribs automatically provide minimum joint width.)
4. Where required, cut Pavers with an approved cutter to fit accurately, neatly and without damaged edges.
* Tamp Pavers with a plate compactor, uniformly level, true to grade and free of movement.
* Fill joints with sand.
NOTE: For complete installation and specifications details contact Pavestone Company.