A late Wednesday afternoon fire on the southwest side of the city, gave residents a bit of a scare. The fire broke out at 1249 W. Selma Street after a clothes dryer overheated. Dothan emergency crews were on the scene in a matter of minutes. Captain Jeff Smith says the blaze occurred as a result of a faulty vent underneath the dryer getting hot enough to ignite some towels. Captain Smith said that they had smoke detectors that alerted them, and so everybody got out and they got the fire out with no extended damage to the property. This home was formerly used as a daycare, but luckily everyone, including the owner and little ones who live there now all got out safe and sound.
"Faith, Family & Football" to Benefit Food Bank and Other Local Non-Profits
"Faith, Family & Football" with special guest Tim Tebow and Mark Schultz is this Friday, June 21.
Milner Resigns As Enterprise Superintendent
Superintendent accepts position near Mobile.
WCSO Emergency Management: Know Your Zone
WCSO Emergency Management Bureau asks, "Do you know your Zone?"
Florida Man Arrested for Fleeing from Sheriffs
Douglas Dunnigan was arrested for fleeing from Walton County Sheriff's officers.
Police Need Help Identifying Possible Burglary Suspects
The Dothan Police Department is asking for the communities help in identifying the occupants of this silver passenger car.
- Police Department Package Shuts Down Traffic
Wiregrass School Makes Failing List
The Alabama Department of Education released a new report of almost 80 schools in the state that are considered to be failing but some are saying that the failing...
New Greenhouse Program Starts in Henry County
Things are growing in Henry County and it could develop into a statewide initiative.
Search For Hoffa's Body Resumes
Latest tip on whereabouts of body appears more credible.
Boy Finds Gun In Theatre Bathroom
Loaded gun found on top of toilet paper dispenser.
Page 1 of 1723