A late Wednesday afternoon fire on the southwest side of the city, gave residents a bit of a scare. The fire broke out at 1249 W. Selma Street after a clothes dryer overheated. Dothan emergency crews were on the scene in a matter of minutes. Captain Jeff Smith says the blaze occurred as a result of a faulty vent underneath the dryer getting hot enough to ignite some towels. Captain Smith said that they had smoke detectors that alerted them, and so everybody got out and they got the fire out with no extended damage to the property. This home was formerly used as a daycare, but luckily everyone, including the owner and little ones who live there now all got out safe and sound.
Rain Could Cause Local Farmers More Harm Than Good
Many local farmers were begging for rain, but for some of them it came a little too late and could do now more harm than...
House Committee Advances Key Education Bill
Roby leading effort to "reduce the federal footprint" in education.
Plastic Bags May Be Phased Out
Grocery stores across the world are banning the use of plastic bags--most recently, Los Angeles. Many are saying it's only a matter time before they will be...
Video: Should Captain Crunch Be Demoted?
The three stripe controversy.
"Faith, Family & Football" to Benefit Food Bank and Other Local Non-Profits
"Faith, Family & Football" with special guest Tim Tebow and Mark Schultz is this Friday, June 21.
Milner Resigns As Enterprise Superintendent
Superintendent accepts position near Mobile.
WCSO Emergency Management: Know Your Zone
WCSO Emergency Management Bureau asks, "Do you know your Zone?"
Florida Man Arrested for Fleeing from Sheriffs
Douglas Dunnigan was arrested for fleeing from Walton County Sheriff's officers.
Police Need Help Identifying Possible Burglary Suspects
The Dothan Police Department is asking for the communities help in identifying the occupants of this silver passenger car.
- Police Department Package Shuts Down Traffic
Page 1 of 1723