* Plant your tulips in a mass planting and then cover the area with an ordinary piece of chicken wire.
How to keep cats from using trees as scratching posts:
* Take something (like window screen or tree wraps) that'll catch in their claws and wrap the tree.
How to keep cats from using your landscape as a litter box:
* Use a scent repellant, like mothballs, and scatter them around your landscape. This will work for dogs, too.
For rabbits or deer: use a taste repellant like Ropel (you can get it at your local nursery or garden center).
How to keep squirrels out of your bird feeders:
* Put Arbolos, or Chile de Arbol, into a pepper or coffee grinder and grind them to a very fine powder and mix them with the birdseed. The birds aren't bothered by it at all, but the next time a squirrel comes to my feeder he gets a rather unpleasant surprise.
* Put up an electric fence.
* Turn off the electric fence.
* Make a sandwich out of peanut butter and ordinary aluminum foil.
* Fold it over the wire.
* Turn the power back on.
* If a deer comes up and licks the foil, he will receive a mild electric shock. this will condition the deer to stay away from the smell of peanut butter.