Stainless Steel Interior Dishwasher
6 cycles, 4 options, with Whisper Quiet® Ultima Sound Reduction System
For peace of mind. The Anti-Bacterial cycle, the most aggressive wash cycle utilizes the detergent, a higher wash temperature and a longer cleaning cycle to virtually eliminate all food soil bacteria.
Super Scrub™ option cleans hard, baked-on soils with a thermistor (accurate to + or 1 degree) sensor that optimizes the wash temperature during the pre-wash and main wash cycles. The sensor knows when to add time and temperature to the wash cycle to ensure dishes come out sparkling clean.
The new Hydro-Sweep™ 5-Level Wash System ensures that all dishware is thoroughly cleaned from both top and bottom. The upper rack is exposed to sprays from both the middle wash arm and the new SureWash™ Nozzle located on the top of the tub. The lower rack combines the washing action of the middle wash arm and the exclusive 4-Way Lower Wash Arm. The lower wash arm also sprays downward to continually clean the Ultra Fine Filter. The result: the best performing KitchenAid® dishwashers ever!
The Ultra Fine Filtration System puts the power of a hard-food disposer inside your dishwasher - a heavy duty stainless steel food grinder operates at a speed of up to 3450 RPM to pulverize meat, seeds, and other hard items. Food soils are pumped out of the collection chamber and flushed away through your home drain system. The result: exceptional cleaning with absolutely no pre-rinsing needed - a convenience not available with European-designed dishwashers. No pre-rinsing means you also save water.
Superba® 30" Microwave-Combination Oven
(Upper Microwave Oven, Lower Thermal Convection Oven)
Stainless Steel: Model KEMS308GSS
KitchenAid® combination ovens place both sets of oven controls in the same location, providing unique, user-friendly, left-to-right operation.
A drop-down microwave oven door complements the efficiency of a microwave with the look of a built-in oven.
The True Convection Cooking system with a Third Hidden Element utilizes both a rear element and a rear fan to circulate preheated air around the oven capacity for faster and more even cooking results than conventional cooking.
The CleanBake™ bake element warms the bottom and sides of the oven cavity, giving you more even heat distribution and better baking performance. The CleanBake™ element is "hidden" from view, making cleanup fast and easy.
36" Bottom-mount Built-in Refrigerator
Wraparound trimless stainless steel: Model KBRC36MHS
The ExtendFresh™ System Plus has True Independent Temperature Controls for both the freezer and the refrigerator compartments. When you change one temperature, the other compartment temperature stays right where you want it. A refrigerator thermostat monitors temperature every 82 seconds, a 1/2 degree temperature change triggers the Smart™ Fan to circulate cold air directing through the refrigerator air baffle from the freezer without changing the freezer temperature and without turning on the compressor. When the freezer compressor does run, the air baffle remains 100% closed keeping warmer refrigerator air out of the freezer compartment.
KitchenAid® ClearVue™ Humidity-controlled crispers provide more flexible storage and preservation for your fruits and vegetables than ever before. The crispers are clear for easy viewing and the seal at the front of the crisper locks in the humidity that is needed to keep leafy vegetables crisp and fresh.
The major benefit of the FreshChill™ Deli Locker is how it lets you properly store expensive prepared meat in a compartment that is colder than the rest of the refrigerator to help preserve freshness.
Slide N Lock™ door bins are easily adjustable in multiple positions to meet your specific needs for tall and short containers which are stored in the door. Additionally KitchenAid provides a one piece "foam-in-place" door which provides greater insulation and structural integrity.
* Pull out freezer drawer and upper and lower roll-out wire freezer baskets.
* Wine Cellar with 60 Bottle Capacity
* Automatic defrost
* 60 Bottle capacity
* Tri-Zone™ cooling system
* Tinted thermal glass door
* Six interior compartment shelves (one glass shelf)
* Interior light
* One compartment door
* Door lock
* 90° door opening
TIPS AND HINTS FOR DESIGNING A KITCHEN
A good kitchen design simplifies meal preparation, storage and cleanup, while providing a gathering place for family activities. Here are some basic tips, do's and don'ts for designing your new kitchen, and for working with a Certified Kitchen Designer (CKD).
* Elevate your dishwasher 12 to 18 inches. This minimizes stooping and bending. Cabinets above and below can be used for storage.
* Expert designer recommend minimum distances between work areas for maximum efficiency and comfort. Allow 4 to 9 feet between the range and the refrigerator, 4 to 7 feet between the refrigerator and the sink, and 4 to 6 feet between the sink and the range.
* Counter space recommendations: 18 to 24 inches on each side of the sink; 15 to 18 inches of heat-resistant space near the microwave ovens and wall ovens, to set hot pans on; and 12 to 18 inches of room around the cooktop to set supplies.
* Plan storage space where you'll need it; pots and pans storage near the range; food storage near the mixing center. You should allow 12 cubic feet of refrigerator/freezer storage for two people. Add 2 cubic feet for each additional person.
* Microwave ovens are among the most used appliances in the kitchen. Be sure to place yours within the triangle and at a safe height for all family members to use.
* Order cabinets with glide-out shelves, Lazy Susans, or L-shaped doors to achieve better access to storage space at the back of the unit. A slide-out shelf on a refrigerator with the freezer on top or bottom is also a good idea.
* When designing a kitchen, make a list of your priorities, with the most important at the top of the list. Add more as your budge allows.
* Always remember where the doors in the kitchen will be placed in relation to appliances and each other. You don't want to create a problem with doors banging into your beautiful new appliances.
* Don't rely upon one fixture to provide light in your kitchen. Undercabinet or area lighting can add beauty and help shed light on your cooking projects.
* Plan storage space for recycling. This will save trips to the garage and exterior recycling areas. However, don't use important storage space for every recyclable. Think about what you recycle most and plan accordingly. If you're like most people, you need a space for cans and plastic items in the kitchen. Store newspapers, cardboard, etc., elsewhere.
* New kitchen designs don't always have the sink in front of a window. Consider an island sink or one facing an adjacent room. This allows the person at the sink to be a part of the family life.