The man sought for the shooting deaths of three people---including two Auburn football players----has surrendered to authorities. Desmonte Leonard, 22, turned himself in Tuesday night at the Federal courthouse in Montgomery.
Leonard was the target of an intensive manhunt that included police spending hours at a Montgomery home believing Leonard may have been inside. He wasn't.
Leonard's surrender, according to several reports, was arranged by Susan James---a noted defense attorney whose client list includes former Alabama governor Don Siegelman and former Country Crossing spokesperson Jay Walker.
James said she and her son, an investigator, picked up Leonard about 50 miles from Montgomery though she wouldn't get more specific, according to the Montgomery Advertiser. James said she became involved after contacted by Leonard's family. She has not been retained at this time.
Leonard had been sought since the shootings that occurred Saturday at a pool party in Auburn. Besides the three people killed, three others were wounded.