- Continue listening to a NOAA Weather Radio or the local news for the latest updates.
- Stay alert for extended rainfall and subsequent flooding even after the hurricane or tropical storm has ended.
- If you evacuated, return home only when officials say it is safe.
- Drive only if necessary and avoid flooded roads and washedout bridges.
- Keep away from loose or dangling power lines and report them immediately to the power company.
- Stay out of any building that has water around it.
- Inspect your home for damage. Take pictures of damage, both of the building and its contents, for insurance purposes.
- Use flashlights in the dark. Do NOT use candles.
- Avoid drinking or preparing food with tap water until you are sure it's not contaminated.
- Check refrigerated food for spoilage. If in doubt, throw it out.
- Wear protective clothing and be cautious when cleaning up to avoid injury.
- Watch animals closely and keep them under your direct control.
- Use the telephone only for emergency calls.
Video Extra: Health Minute - Benefits Of Eating Greek Yogurt
Let's talk yogurt.
Georgia Highway Officials Look To Cut Traffic Deaths Involving Bicyclists
Highway safety officials and cycling advocates are calling on Georgians to make 2013 a safer year for cyclists in Georgia.
Governor Bentley Issues Statement On Deadly Oklahoma Tornado
Governor Robert Bentley issued a statement following the deadly tornado that struck Oklahoma on Monday afternoon.
Video Extra: Yahoo Buys Tumblr
Yahoo's CEO Marissa Mayer has gone shopping...
Lawmakers Say 'No' To Gov. Bentley's School Tax Credit Amendment
The legislature turned back Governor Bentley's executive amendment to delay school tax credits.
Gun Bill Passes Alabama Legislature On Final Day
A controversial gun bill passed the Alabama legislature on the last day of the session.
One Vehicle Accident In Enterprise Leads To Arrest
On May 16, 2013, the Enterprise Police Department responded to a single vehicle accident at the intersection of Boll Weevil Circle and Lee Street.
Dothan Police Arrest Convicted Sex Offender For Working Too Close To An Area School
On May 17, 2013 the Dothan Police Department arrested Shelly Newton after confirming he worked at a local business too close to a school.
Adopt a Pet 5-17-2013
The Dothan Animal Shelter and Save a Pet need your help in placing lovable animals into good homes.
Two Dothan Men Arrested for Burglary
Ryan Rodriguez and Lamar Wade were arrested for breaking into a Dothan home.